Sunday, October 23, 2016

MTC week 2

Oh wow where do I start?! This week flew by so fast. The days are passing so much faster I love it. I leave to Atlanta a week from today! CRAZY. 
WEDNESDAY:  Me and sis winters got to welcome the new missionaries tonight since we're sister training leaders so that was a lot of fun. But our zone leaders, elder dayley and oyewole, would hardly let us get a word into the orientation! Everytime we would try to explain or point out things elder Dayley would just say it again super loud ha!
Also saw Elder Simons at dinner (the elder I gave my farewell with!)
THURSDAY:  We taught harper another lesson tonight, it was okay but didn't feel like we really got anywere :/ its okay we're still learning. 
FRIDAY:  Just another classroom day... but at dinner Sister Winters and I were sitting with elders from our district and after 10 minutes I looked over and realized this elder was sitting with us just staring at us ha. When he saw me look at him he was like "Are you the sword of laban?! cuz the workmanship.. i mean uh.. the liahona... uh ahh" Then he just laughed and ran away. It was sooo funny! We actually saw him yesterday and its a joke going around the MTC "are you the sword of laban? cuz the workmanship there of is exceedingly fine" hahaha!! 
SATURDAY:  GENERAL CONFERENCE IS LIKE CHRISTMAS! Even though we had to be in church dress and in hard chairs the whole time, I've never listened so hard in my whole life. and listening as a missionary is sooo special. 
SUNDAY:  Conference again was sooo good, this weekend has been the best. And instead of the weekly sunday devotional, they had a special program... BYU VOCAL POINT! Ha we got a one-on-one concert with them it was sooo cool even though they didn't sing come thou fount :/ haha. 
Also at the MTC my favorite thing is we always sing "Army of Helaman" with all the MTC but we sing "We are now the Lord's missionaries we'll bring the world his truth" I just love it. 
MONDAY: Taught our new TRC investigator... Leah... so our lesson was over an hour long and shes legit an evangelical christian and her room is covered in posters of crosses and stuff... We tried to go into teaching her about the restoration.. but she has zero interest in listening and she kept cutting off sister winters so I just kinda kept quiet.  Sis winters tried to bear her testimony towards the end and Leah was like "No stop I don't want you just reciting things to me I dont wanna hear that" Oh man I just wanted to cry in the middle of it. I just felt so uncomfortable during it. but hey that's real life on the mish I guess. It'll get easier as we get more experience though. I'm just not looking forward to teaching her again ha. (also chik-fil-a for dinner tonight. yes the mtc loves us)
Anyways Imma wrap it up here but two quick things. 
     1. The womens session was the best and if you didn't watch it, go read/watch Prez Uchtdorfs talk it's amazing I was like crying the whole time.
     2. At devotional, the speaker said a quote that I love:
 "Your whole mission, you'll be thinking about home... but once you get home and for the rest of your life, you'll be thinking about your mission & the things you did and lives you changed" I love it because not only does it apply to missionary work, but to anyone. Wherever you are in life, you might often find yourself wanting to be somewhere else. But just remember to take advantage of what youre doing and be the best that you can. Make it the best situation, have fun and be the best you because you might not ever be at that place or in that situation again. Live "no ragrets" and do and say only what you'll be proud to look back on. 
That's all! Sorry this one was long! Love you all, thanks for everything. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment