Tuesday, September 27, 2016

First Week Letter in the MTC

Wow where do I even begin. First week in the MTC! I made it till Sunday, and now pday!!
First of all my district is so awesome, we all get along super great. We're all going to the south: Atlanta GA, Knoxville TN, and Little Rock AR. There are 6 sisters and 6 elders. 
My companion is Sister Winters from Duchesne, Utah and oh my goodness. What a blessing she is to me! How did I get sooo lucky to have my first companion be one of my best friends?! We get along so great and laugh and have so much fun together. Anyways I'll try to keep it short but lemme tell ya how this week went:
Wednesday-- Got dropped off by my family and the host sister was helping me take my luggage into the MTC, I had just said bye to my parents and my mom was crying and I was a wreck still tryna wipe off my tears and a group of elders walked by and was like "Hey it'll be okay sister!!" Haha it made me smile. I walked in and they gave us our nametags and keys and took us to our rooms then straight to our classroom. We sat down and met our district and companions and jumped right into class for a few hours. We went to orientation and dinner and I ran into sooo many friends!! Sister Eaton (my roomie from Hawaii) and Sister Warren and Sister Soifua and a couple other sisters from BYUH. ALL day we have these little orange stickers on our nametags called "Dork Dots" that let everyone know "hey we're new missionaries and its our first day so cut us some slack" haha its funny and EVERYONE says "Welcome to the MTC sisters!" everywhere we go. Everyone is so friendly here and I can't believe how many missionaries there are. The caf is exactly like BYUH and most of campus is outside too so thats what it reminds me of haha. Also the hardest thing is getting used to calling everyone sister and elder instead of "guys". I keep finding myself wondering where I put my phone. smh. We had this huge meeting for new missionaries and the president asked me to read out of the handbook during the meeting so I had to stand up and talk in the mic and everyone knows who I am now and is like "hi sister collings" so thats funny.
Thursday-- Every night feels like you shut your eyes then all the sudden your alarm is going off at 6:30. We have 3 hour blocks of class with studying and lunch and dinner inbetween. The days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days, can't believe I've been here a week! We met our branch president tonight and turns out... Me and Sister Winters are the NEW SISTER TRAINING LEADERS! Haha we've been here 2 days. When the sisters leave on monday then we're basically taking over! Crazy stuff. 
Friday-- Just another long classroom/study day. It's a little hard adjusting to church 24/7 but hey thats what we missionaries signed up for! Oh yeah at lunch today, we sat by some elders and when we were about to leave this asian elder was like "hey sister can I get your email?" HAHAHA I was laughing so hard inside I was like WHAT. anyways I wrote down my email on his card and pen that he had ready and we left and me and sister winters were laughing so much. It caught us off guard but we see that elder like 2 or 3 times a day and he always waves and is like "HI SISTER COLLINGS" from across the caf and down the hall haha. My district teases us about it all the time.
Saturday-- Just long classes again... also had Bro and Sis Clayton of the seventy come and talk to our class, they were soo cool to visit with and it was like being in the presence of one of the twelve!! Also all week we've had brother reid (YES FROM THE DISTRICT) come and help out our class cuz he works here which was funny for everyone to recognize him.
Sunday--SO LONG AND SO MANY MEETINGS. Wow. Power went out while all the sisters were getting ready. that was fun :-) Sacrament meeting and RS and a Devotional and then we watched a film of Elder Bednars talk and I've never been more tired than I was at the end of today!! (but we got to all walk to the temple with all the missionaries in the middle of the day so thats what got me through it. I'll tell ya it was so much fun leaving the MTC and seeing the snow on timp I was SO EXCITED! I hope it snows before I leave) but yeah I crash at 1030 everynight and I wish we could go to bed at 930 instead!! 
Monday-- We taught our first investigator, Harper from HALEIWA HAWAII! Perfect connection and we talked all about hawaii and I told her how me and kendra biked from Laie to Haleiwa to get acai bowls and she loved it haha. We totally bonded. It was so awesome our lesson went so good and I am excited to meet w her on wednesday.Our district was so excited for Pday and we did a "pday eve" dance before we all left last night (shoutout dad and his story about doing that with his elders in argentina haha). 
And today we got up at 8 and got to go participate in sealings in the provo temple which was such a good way to start off the day. Loving taking a break and can't wait to go do laundry haha. 
Anyways I'm loving the MTC, doing so good and I hope that the next 2 weeks goes by so fast so that I can head out to georgia already! Thanks everyone for all your love and support, you're all in my prayers. Until next tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment